Madison Village Hall
33 E. Main Street
Madison, OH 44057
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
For Zoning questions, please contact Dwayne Bailey, Administrator:
Residential Improvements Procedure:
1. Contact the Zoning Inspector prior to any construction at 440-428-7526 (garages, decks, swimming pools, fences, etc.)
2. Complete an application for a Zoning Permit and submit it to the Inspector. 3. Upon payment of your fee and approval by the Inspector, construction may begin.
New Construction (Residential) Procedure:
1. Contact the Zoning Inspector prior to breaking ground at 440-428-7526 x102.
2. Deliver 5 sets of site plans to Village Hall, attention Zoning Inspector.
3. The plans are reviewed by the Village Engineer (usually within 10 days).
4. Upon approval, the zoning Inspector will issue a Zoning Permit.
5. When a permit is provided, full payment of associated fees will be collected including: Water and Sewer Tap-Ins, Permit Fee, Inspection Fees.
6. A residential permit os good for 1-year from the date of provision.
Business Relocation within Madison Village:
1. Any business moving into an existing space in Madison Village must contact the Zoning Office at 440-428-7526.
2. All new tenants must notify the Lake County Building Department of their arrival by calling 440-350-2636.
3. All new tenants must notify the Madison Fire District of their arrival by calling 440-428-1522.
4. If a sign is going to be erected or replaced, a SIGN PERMIT must be applied for and approved by the Village Zoning Department.
Commercial Improvements Procedure:
1. Any business improving an existing space in Madison Village must contact the Zoning Office at 440-428-7526.
2. If interior construction occurs (wiring, plumbing, etc.), the Lake County Building Department must be notified and a BUILDING PERMIT pulled 440-350-2636.
3. If interior construction occurs, please notify the Madison Fire District for a safety inspection by calling 440-428-1522.
4. If a new sign is going to be erected or replaced, a SIGN PERMIT must be applied for and approved by the Village Zoning Department.
New Construction (Commercial) Procedure:
1. Any business planning to build in Madison Village must contact the Zoning Office at 440-428-7526 prior to breaking ground.
2. Plans for construction must meet the requirements of the Zoning District Map. If not, the Planning Commission may grant a Conditional Use for the proposed area.
3. The proposed construction plans must be presented to the Planning Commission for review. Planning Commission meets the second Monday of the month.
4. Site Plans must be submitted and approved by the Village Engineer.
5. Building and Site Plans must be submitted and approved by the Madison Fire District for safety purposes 440-428-1522.
6. Upon the approval by the Planning Commission, Village Engineer and Madison fire Chief, a Zoning Application may be completed.
7. The Zoning Inspector will create a Zoning Permit when all appropriate fees have been paid in full: Water and Sewer Tap-Ins, Permit Fees, Inspection Fees. 8. Building Plans must be submitted and approved by the Lake County Building Department 440-350-2636.
9. Ground breaking begins.
A fee, in accordance with the following schedule, shall accompany each application for a zoning certificate, and shall be deposited to the credit of the General Fund of the Village:
33 E. MAIN STREET MADISON, OH 44057
440-428-7526 FAX: 440-428-6703
Copyright © 2021 Madison Village -
All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy